Remnant District
Login/Register
Remnant District
Login/Register
Remnant District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Forums!

HomeFront PageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Helping with the Dungeons

Go down 
+2
Bowarrow51
Gambit
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gambit
Creative Director
Creative Director
Gambit

Helping with the Dungeons Empty
PostSubject: Helping with the Dungeons   Helping with the Dungeons EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:54 pm

Do u wanna see your creation in a dungeon?

build a mock version of a part of a dungeon u think would be really fun to play.

i can copy it from where ever u build it so ur building wont go to waste

if u have a knack for it theres lots and lots of building that will need to be done.

post pics here
or message me ingame
Back to top Go down
Bowarrow51
Admin
Admin
Bowarrow51

PostSubject: Re: Helping with the Dungeons   Helping with the Dungeons EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 4:44 am

AWEEEE YEAH, you guys could build a whole dungeon this way and call it Patchwork or something like that! That would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Gambit
Creative Director
Creative Director
Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Helping with the Dungeons   Helping with the Dungeons EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 5:03 am

hell ya man that would be amazing, i thought people would be all over this
Back to top Go down
Liquidxstone
Head Mod
Head Mod
Liquidxstone

PostSubject: Re: Helping with the Dungeons   Helping with the Dungeons EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 5:30 am

having default players making rooms for a large dungeon would be epic. not having "Mods" being the only designers. would be awesome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gambit
Creative Director
Creative Director
Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Helping with the Dungeons   Helping with the Dungeons EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 12:49 pm

couldnt agree more i want the Whole community to feel involved in the makein of dungeons.
Back to top Go down
Ksun Sundbergian

Ksun Sundbergian

PostSubject: Re: Helping with the Dungeons   Helping with the Dungeons EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:13 pm

only problem is... its just us mods posting on this page Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Griffsbrown

Griffsbrown

PostSubject: My reply   Helping with the Dungeons EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 3:08 am

Well this seems awesome. I had an idea. I will work on it tommarow but here it is in nutshell.

A player presses a button then pistons come out for a short peroid of time. you have to get to the other side before the piston gos back in. So as a player is running pistons are extending infront of them and destending behind them. Mabye make it so they fall into lava if they fall. im not very good with redstone but I will try to create what im talking about ingame.

I would love some feedback
Back to top Go down
Gambit
Creative Director
Creative Director
Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Helping with the Dungeons   Helping with the Dungeons EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 6:20 am

this sounds awesome man...just need ro see it executed. If u wanna just build a cool dungeoens that we can spawn the mobs in,,, i can def use the help
Back to top Go down
Ksun Sundbergian

Ksun Sundbergian

PostSubject: Re: Helping with the Dungeons   Helping with the Dungeons EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 2:57 pm

i actually made something like this on a single player map (the same one where i made cardinals keep). the player would step on a pressure plate which would spit out a bridge, one block after the other. if the player was sprinting, they would just barely get across. the only problem with this trap is its obsolete in a multi-player aspect. one person can stand on the pressure plate while all the rest get across.

monkey and i are also thinking of a bridge room in our sand dungeon (which is almost completely constructed). he wants it to be proximity set. so basically if the player gets close to the bridge that is already open it will close. i could be evil and make it so that the sensor is on the opposite side of the bridge and goes off while the player is on... but we will see what happens ;-) don't want to give away all the details to the puzzle
Back to top Go down
Mindofamonkey

PostSubject: Re: Helping with the Dungeons   Helping with the Dungeons EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:57 pm

If we do get a lot of 'creative' players on this server then it would really help ksun and I finish these dungeons. Our minds are only so clever for the building of traps and puzzles. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Gambit
Creative Director
Creative Director
Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Helping with the Dungeons   Helping with the Dungeons EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:06 am

dont u be stealin my recruits lol
Back to top Go down
Liquidxstone
Head Mod
Head Mod
Liquidxstone

PostSubject: Re: Helping with the Dungeons   Helping with the Dungeons EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:41 am

lol
Back to top Go down
Ksun Sundbergian

Ksun Sundbergian

PostSubject: Re: Helping with the Dungeons   Helping with the Dungeons EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:58 pm

Monkey and I are actually at a loss for ideas right now lol. we have started turning to floor plan generators and older games for inspiration, but i can only create so much as an art major and he can only think up so many ways to kill you. If you cant think of trap ideas then by all means make some sort of room design that you think is cool.
Back to top Go down
Griffsbrown

Griffsbrown

PostSubject: My reply   Helping with the Dungeons EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:15 am

Ksun Sundbergian wrote:
i actually made something like this on a single player map (the same one where i made cardinals keep). the player would step on a pressure plate which would spit out a bridge, one block after the other. if the player was sprinting, they would just barely get across. the only problem with this trap is its obsolete in a multi-player aspect. one person can stand on the pressure plate while all the rest get across.

monkey and i are also thinking of a bridge room in our sand dungeon (which is almost completely constructed). he wants it to be proximity set. so basically if the player gets close to the bridge that is already open it will close. i could be evil and make it so that the sensor is on the opposite side of the bridge and goes off while the player is on... but we will see what happens ;-) don't want to give away all the details to the puzzle

Well mine is a bit different. You press a button. Meaning multiple would have to take turns.
Back to top Go down
Gambit
Creative Director
Creative Director
Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Helping with the Dungeons   Helping with the Dungeons EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:19 am

hey griff u mind if i snag that from ur area and throw that in my dungeon? or i may need ya to work out a spiral downward one, u able to do that? i can help with the mats and all and the worldediting the spot, just lemme kno if ur up for it
Back to top Go down
Liquidxstone
Head Mod
Head Mod
Liquidxstone

PostSubject: Re: Helping with the Dungeons   Helping with the Dungeons EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:19 am

Ya I see that thing being deadly if its involved in a larger jump puzzle or something.
Back to top Go down
Griffsbrown

Griffsbrown

PostSubject: My reply   Helping with the Dungeons EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:54 am

Gambit wrote:
hey griff u mind if i snag that from ur area and throw that in my dungeon? or i may need ya to work out a spiral downward one, u able to do that? i can help with the mats and all and the worldediting the spot, just lemme kno if ur up for it

Sure. I will go in single player and try to make a spiral going down one. Im not very good with redstone but i will see what i can do.
Back to top Go down
Gambit
Creative Director
Creative Director
Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Helping with the Dungeons   Helping with the Dungeons EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:32 pm

awsome thnx griff ill be sure to get ur name in the dungeon somehow or someway if it gets put in there... this also goes for anyone else interested in dungeon concepts but doesnt wanna build an entire dungeon.
Back to top Go down
Ksun Sundbergian

Ksun Sundbergian

PostSubject: Re: Helping with the Dungeons   Helping with the Dungeons EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:15 pm

ooo yes. Everyone who contributes will have their name posted somewhere in the dungeon. I personally don't put my own name on my creations because I think it takes away from the creation itself. It's like a signature on a painting. It tells you who made it, but it normally covers up a corner and takes away from the "window" that it once was. I'm also not directly looking for gratification. I just like building Razz
Back to top Go down
Liquidxstone
Head Mod
Head Mod
Liquidxstone

PostSubject: Re: Helping with the Dungeons   Helping with the Dungeons EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:53 pm

my name is going on my stuff. screw the corner. gambit and i make huge dungeons with like 100 corners. think we can spare 1 of a few names of helpful builders on the server.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helping with the Dungeons   Helping with the Dungeons Empty

Back to top Go down

Helping with the Dungeons
Page 1 of 1